The question is not: Do you love your child or teenager?The question is: Do they FEEL loved?In this episode, Janelle interviews New York Times bestselling author and creator of The 5 Love Languages, Dr. Gary Chapman, about his newly released book “Things I Wish I’d Known Before My Child Became a Teenager” This year celebrates 30 years since the Five Love Languages was released. To date it has sold more than 20 million copies!
We have a giveaway opportunity for this episode as well! Leave Love Plus Money a review on Apple Podcasts. Screen shot it to us at @DevlinWorldWide on IG by November 25th to receive a free copy of one the following books by Dr. Chapman.
1.The 5 Love Languages
2. Screen Time
3. Screen Time for Grandparents
4. Things I WIsh I’d Known Before My Child Became a Teenager
Dr. Chapman speaks with deep insight into this topic so we can have awareness on the best way to communicate with our kids at ANY age. Whether you are a parent of young children, or you are navigating the teenage years- you are going to love this power-packed episode. Buckle Up!
In this episode we explore:
- What exactly are the 5 Love Languages?
- Why it is important to know our child’s primary love language and how young can we determine how they are wired for love
- How to change up the communication during the bridge years of teen-dom!
- Janelle asks - “Did I Love Language FAIL?!”
- How to bring it into your family so everyone feels loved and heard.
- What to do if you feel like maybe it’s “too late” for you and your teen/young adult.
- The POSITIVE side of technology and kids/teens we reference the book “Screen Kids” Dr. Chapman co-wrote with Arlene Pellicane. (Straight FIRE!)